Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Trust, Persistance and Determination

Unofficially it is day 3 of my little detox - I still feel as if I am keeping this a fairly low profile - I haven't even told myself yet! LOL And I am still only taking in water... perhaps today I will make some cleanse juice and get this show on the road.

However, it does feel nice to just have some space and time to quietly reflect as I walk this path on my own. No one else in the house is joining me on this cleanse for a few days yet. So it feels like this is a part I have all to myself.

It's kind of nice too - but for some strange reason I had been thinking it would be far harder to go it alone. I am so used to having the camaraderie of others when I do these cleanses. Perhaps walking this first week or so on my own will provide me with insights and time to process through things not touched on otherwise.

Yesterday was definitely a testing day - my patience and ability to persist at what I choose to do have been put to the test. It all started with the goats....they are such lovely creatures but stubborn and of course we are all just getting to know each other.

Getting these goats back into their stalls in the evening has been hit and miss - a couple of times they just walked right in and settled down. However the rest of the time - no way. They were not going in until they felt it was time and that was final.

So, persistence and patience all round - of course then I was questioning the wisdom of having such large animals at this time. Falling back to an old pattern of thinking - the things I want to do and have are not the best.

But of course they are. This is simply a learning curve for us and them as we all get to know each other.  For the most part I think they were testing me to see how far they could push while they figure out what kind of people we are.

Perhaps this is the kind of persistence we all need - they were interested in the trees and shrubs in the paddock. Nothing was going to take them from their snack - not even a treat. Once it grew dark, they were ready to go into the barn for the night.

Simple really. If we had that same kind of determination and focus - but at the same time trust that the warm safe place is there at the end of the day - it might all just work out perfectly.

April 

In the paddock....

No comments:

Post a Comment