Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Monday 12 November 2012

A Thankful Heart - Day 8 of My Detox

This is day 8 and I have definitely settled into this new routine of fasting - I am feeling pretty good as well. And sleeping fairly deeply these last couple of nights - in spite of all the dreams!

I have more detox symptoms today then yesterday - perhaps it just took a little while for them all to surface. Today I have a coated tongue, my skin is a little bumpy, my hair is limp and all the usual outward signs of cleansing are there.

Emotionally I am holding steady - but I can feel energy rising up in waves throughout the day as I progress though a host of different feelings, thoughts and senses. It's all quite good as well because I have such a strong inner indication that things are moving. 

Right now I am remembering all the game meat I have eaten as a child and in fact I swear I can even smell it on my skin. I grew up in a house of hunters - we all hunted and I was taken out trapping, hunting and fishing from a very young age.

The meat eaten in that house at this time of year was moose, rabbit and some sea ducks. Today I can smell cooked rabbit and perhaps even the sense of the fur from a moose... It is quite uncanny actually because I have always thought of these animals as having souls of some kind.

Perhaps not souls as we humans have but certainly some kind of divine essence and connection that links into us when we use them for food. I often wonder if we were ever thankful back then for these animals who gave their lives for us to eat.

Perhaps today, this is a good place to start - with a thankful heart while I seek a deeper understanding of where we all fit into this bigger picture on this planet. 

April 


Art on a Monday Morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment