Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Monday 26 November 2012

Cellular Memory of the Soul

Today is day 22 - the day my master cleanse is officially over and I am onto the juice. I am feeling pretty good - at least I was until I went down to the barn this morning...

I know that this is life and that everyone has to eat - however, my well tended and hand reared ducks are not supposed to be on anyone else's menu but my own. When I went down to the barn this morning they were all dead. As luck would have it, the culprit was locked in the barn with the evidence all around him.

After a quick ring to a neighbour, he was also taken care of and now we have 7 dead ducks and 1 dead fox. He was a fully grown, well fed fox who was not hungry - so why would he go into a barn and kill (not eat) all my ducks?

Some would say that is nature and this is how these cycles of the natural world function. One animal is another animals dinner. But, it wasn't dinner - it was cold blooded murder and sport. He had a ball chasing and killing defenseless animals - he had no intention of eating.

I could actually feel compassion for any animal that was hungry and in need of food - I still would not sacrifice my ducks for the cause! But, I might understand it a little better and maybe even have considered letting him go...

As it was, once he knew there were animals in the barn, he would not stop until everything was dead and our animals would all suffer a terrible fate. So, it was payback - an eye for an eye in the politics of the barnyard.

This scenario hits an even deeper cord with me because of my own personal history and heritage - I am descended from the now 'extinct' (can you believe an entire race can be wiped out?) Beothuk Indians in Newfoundland. Only a few families with some of their ancient blood running through our veins remain. 

This race of peaceful non violent people were healers, anchors and place holders on this planet for a higher level of consciousness not found here since their demise. The last full blooded Beothuk died nearly 200 years ago now - not from illness, or starvation or accident - but from being hunted like animals and killed for sport. 

I had long wondered when this part of my cellular memory, DNA, history and the emotional scars I have carried forward would come up to the surface. And now I see I have my answer - this last detox has loosened these chains that bound my heart and our story will tumble forth. 

Because I remember 

April

Sunflowers - reaching towards the light 

2 comments:

  1. Well said, April Dannan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sahm,

    Hope you've been well...I imagine you are furiously writing away this month of November!

    These detoxes will bring up to the surface ALL that is there to be dealt with - so now, the work to be done... Looking forward to connecting with you on Twitter,

    April

    ReplyDelete