Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Saturday 28 July 2012

Just Add Water


I come across people each day who couldn't be bothered to take the time to cook, prepare or in some way organize their own food. Instead they purchase ready meals, boxes of prepared 'healthy' cereals, plastic wrapped breads, meats and processed goods.

The problem with all of this handling of our food is that these nutrients keep body and soul alive, this should nourish us, work within to sustain energy, uplifting our spirit - but life doesn't come in a box. You will not obtain the same vibration from food that has been through the mill (literally) as you will from gently handled vegetables cooked at home. 

Love can't be purchased, and your food is a source of love, energy, sustenance - whatever we want to call it here, this is the foundation our lives are built upon. Once that foundation was taken over and replaced by factory made stuff in a packet, modern day humans now start out life with dead energy.

But, all is not lost, thankfully our bodies are very forgiving places, once a change is made towards the higher vibration foods bought or grown and prepared at home mindful of their greater purpose, a dramatic shift will occur. 

Of course this brings me back to something I was thinking about yesterday morning as I made a pot of porridge for our breakfast. I was thinking about the long past days (before I had children) when I would be rushing off in the cold mornings to get to a job - grabbing what I thought was a decent breakfast.

One of my favorite meals at the time was porridge with apple and cinnamon, which of course came in a box, just add water. Now, I know that this was pure rubbish and my attempt was to nourish or warm myself with food that is declared to be wholesome.

Nothing that comes from a box in a dehydrated state is wholesome - think about it. Water is the one vital component in our bodies, we cannot live without it. We are also over 66% water, it is the Universal Solvent and carries nutrients into the tissues.

Water also carries consciousness, embodies higher levels of awareness and maintains vibrational frequencies. Quite a job for something as plain (and magical) as H2O. Now, go back to your dehydrated packet of cereal - once water has been removed, ALL of life, love, vibration and its energy signature has been lost. 

This just doesn't come back, you cannot breathe new life into something that is dead. Do yourself and your family a favor, start with one meal a day and cook it yourself - make your own breads, find clean water, and put some life back into your food. 

Cooking and preparing meals is only as difficult/time consuming/complicated as you think it is. Change your attitude and watch what happens...

Yesterday I was making a large pot of porridge, with chopped apple, cinnamon, salt and a pat of butter - stirring as it gently cooked, then served with goat's milk pulled through in swirls, and all of this was coming into my mind. Of how far I've come, from those days when I never fully understood the detrimental affect factory food was having on me, body, mind and spirit.

Now, I know. 

April



Porridge cooking in the pot - with apples and cinnamon 

No comments:

Post a Comment