Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Monday 9 July 2012

Is Working as a Therapist Making You FAT?

I have a little theory and most of the time it appears to be along the right lines as this is something that I have consistently observed not only in my life, but with many others are well. Working with 'energy' or just being around highly charged situations, in the healing professions is making us fat.

In my line of work I come across a lot of therapists. These might be people who are doing energy healing, seeing clients one on one as counsellors, massage therapists, nurses, hands on healers, psychics, mediums, life, drug and alcohol coaches, GP's and just about nearly everyone in between. 

People who spend a lot of time around others who are experiencing pain, crisis, wounded spirits, broken hearts and bodies, various stages of inflammation, illness and dysfunction. You name it - we deal with it and work very hard with others to try and sort it out.

What this means for those of us doing the energy work, giving the massage or helping to work through the pain, is that we are exposed to energy. Much of it heavy, dull and often dark - with spikes of fear, negativity and stress bouncing around a room for an hour or so at a time. 

Now this does not mean for one minute that we cannot deal with this energy or that humans are incapable of wading through the muck and coming out the other side intact. We certainly can and we are more than able for this work. 

However, when we do not prepare and care for our bodies in the correct way - spending time immersed in someone else's energy can add layers of toxins onto us which translates into weight. I am not kidding and I know that there are many of you out there who are right now nodding your head as the connections are made.

Start doing the energy work, call ourselves light workers, healers and therapists and in just a short amount of time watch the excess weight pile on. The number one thing that I have noticed is that the cravings are stronger, my body and energy field can start to feel foreign and dense and my own energy was not moving as well as it should do.

The problem here was that I was coming home from work feeling as if I needed a bath, and taking one but not realizing that I also needed to take a bath inside as well. That's right - washing, cleansing or cleaning our bodies on the inside as well as the outside is no longer a distant thought but an immediate necessity.

If you are working in any of these capacities and consider yourself a healer, counsellor, therapist, teacher of any sort - you must clean your body and energy field thoroughly or you will gain weight, increase toxins, and generally become unwell. This is a gradual build-up which needs to be cleaned up and takes time to remove. The only way to do this is with clean, chemical free water and healthy food. 

It has taken me years of working as a Medical Intuitive and Energy Therapist to recognize that when I fasted and cleansed on the inside, my health (body) and abilities responded on the outside. Try it for yourself and see!

Walk the talk,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment