Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Sunday 1 July 2012

Another Mini Cleanse done and...

We are feeling pretty good today - off to an early morning start as we rightly figured that the early hours would be the driest to get something done in the garden. And we were right - it has been raining for the past few hours now and is very wet out there. 

Lots of cooking today - making some mini celebration foods and Sunday dinner rolled into one - shepherds pie with sweet potato and goats cheese topping, garden fresh salad and some other goodies on the go for a rainy day inside. 

Yesterday we got down to the Baltimore Pirate Festival and enjoyed a great talk on pirating in the area by a woman actually doing a PhD in pirating! My son enjoyed it in particular as she was also an under water archeologist as well. From there we then went to Loughbeg Open Farm in Lowertown Schull for a walk about to see the animals and enjoy the rest of the sunny afternoon. 

I am loving these outings with the children and am busy each week planning one day of the weekend - and I actually have fasting to thank for that. My focus, attention and energy are far better than ever and I just feel as if I finally can look forward to extra activities every week. It is not a chore but a pleasure! 

Well, off to keep cooking here as I have some new recipes that I am working on....

Have a lovely day,


April


My daughter on the farm walk in Loughbeg, Schull


No comments:

Post a Comment