Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Friday 20 July 2012

7 Days Into This Now

So, here we are at day 7 of this 10 day Master Cleanse and things are moving along as they usually do for me when I cleanse. I will say that this time around, perhaps with it being summer and wanting to eat fresh berries and salad leaves from my garden, this has been a little harder than usual!

However, not so difficult that I would stop for any reason - I have learned over these years that I am an all or nothing type of person, I jump in with both feet or not at all. I do gain such a sense of satisfaction with seeing things through to the end - a few years ago, I would have given up far more easily.

For some reason yesterday I was thinking quite a bit about my 40 Day Master Cleanse last year - remembering how I was feeling, especially at the end. In my book The Pagan Diet©, I mention how the main thing that I learned from that experience was spiritual discipline.

Of course, fasting and nutrition of any kind is all about discipline - which for me does not have the negative connotations that it used to have. Discipline has come to be a welcome companion in my life --- and indeed another word for what I feel I am learning is self-mastery.

Fasting has taught me a few things over the years - that it works as a healer, because your body comes back into balance and alignment in a very gentle way. But, on other levels, self-mastery and self-control are vital aspects of walking a spiritual path.

Over the years, I have witnessed many people losing hope, giving up on this journey, getting frustrated with the time it was taking, the degree of difficulty and the deep emotions that they have had to deal with. It is during these times when discipline towards your spiritual practice and self-restraint might come into play.

It is always darkest before the dawn, and I am certain that fasting, Master Cleanses, diet changes, exercise, and all manner of things that are worthwhile - each have this element to them. While I would label fasting as an easy way to lose weight and keep it off - doing this consistently with single minded purpose takes courage, commitment, confidence and concentration (4C's).

Today I am feeling well, my energy levels are good, the sun is shining and I have a slight sense of anticipation. Perhaps something wonderful is on its way here. Or maybe, the wonderful is already here ready to come to the ground like a hot air balloon.

Looking up for my balloon! Have a lovely day everyone,

April 




Coastal area - West Cork, Ireland 

No comments:

Post a Comment