Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Monday 30 July 2012

Fasting With A Purpose

These past few days after finishing our last Master Cleanse have been full of change and new happenings. The old patterns and usual occurrences are steadily being broken down making room for healthy foundations in its place.

Today I am getting back to fasting, it has been a  busy few days cooking, gardening, making more jams for winter and all the little things that need to be done in between. So, having a fast day is refreshing and will give me the space to contemplate each of these changes that must be made.

One thing that I have noticed (and want to work on) is how exposed our shadows tend to be with the current way we are living in our society. By this I mean, there are few of us with clearly defined boundaries, allowing others to observe, walk in, and otherwise interfere with our energy fields.

All of this exposure leads to one main thing - a deep sense of insecurity and the fear that goes along with that. It's as if our entire society, way of life has been engineered to keep us in a cycle of inner turmoil and uncertainty about who we truly are and where we are going because the lines between us are blurred. 

Where ever we are lacking clearly defined borders and boundaries, not only do we not know where we stop and start, we also often have no clear idea of what is ours and what is not. Especially in terms of issues, problems and energy.  How could we, when energies bleed into each other mingling and mixing in un-natural ways?

This can play out in many ways within our own lives. For instance, over the years I have met people whose past lives are not their own, who are trying to heal dysfunction that comes in from a family member, who leave loving marriages and partners because they are carrying relationship patterns that do not belong and many others who live a life as someone they are not.

This issue of boundaries is perhaps one of the most common problems facing those who are attempting to walk a spiritual path or to just live their lives as they would like to. Not having clearly defined lines within your energy field is a form of energy dysfunction that leads to well, all of these further dysfunctions and far worse. 

So, what to do about all of this? Well, today, I am doing what I know that I can do - I am fasting, while contemplating healing, shifting and creating strong boundaries. This I know I can do, and I also know fasting will reveal to me the next step in the direction I need to go.

This is fasting with a purpose,

April



July Moon over Leap, West Cork

No comments:

Post a Comment