Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Sunday 2 September 2012

Immune Function - More then Just Your Best Friend

Today is sunny, warm and nice - all that a September day should be. Here in Ireland we can often have some of the nicest days of the year late into the fall. Of course, for us this conversation should be centered around sunshine, fresh air and vitamin D.

Any chance you get to spend some time outside (especially in a rainy climate) you need to take it, we are not much different from the plants, trees and vegetation all around us, indeed we are part of this ecosystem.

In the same way as plants, we also require sunshine to grow, for health as well as proper functioning of our body systems. We cannot survive for long without the sun, it is our sustaining force. Life-giving is the word that springs to mind here.

To me the sun represents our thymus gland, the master gland of our immune system - like the sun which primes our bodies defences and keeps us in fighting form, so too does our immune function. We cannot live (not a full, happy, healthy life) without adequate immune resources. 

Yet, nearly everything we do pushes this vital system to the ground! If you drink alcohol (and far too much too often) you already operate at a net loss. Same goes for caffeine, sugar, chocolate, refined and processed foods, medication and especially Night Shade fruits. 

Blah, blah. We all know these things - but has it really ever sunk in for the most part? Perhaps not, because so many are waking up again this morning with bodies full of toxins, poisons and chemicals, feeling dreadful. 

And then, one of the most important things I have noticed in my own life, anytime I was not fully focused on and following my own dreams (as opposed to someone else's), my immune function equally went down, and perhaps affected me even more profoundly.

Even with a healthy diet, lifestyle and solid foundation. My body still reacted to stress, danger, lack of security and fear. 

Of course this gives rise to a short discussion on stress - what is it really? And what causes it? There are perhaps as many definitions for it as there are experiences of it. For me it has simply come to mean being keenly aware of times I feel I cannot cope or am not coping well enough with my circumstances.

The interesting thing is this - I have committed fully to ONLY following my dreams. Without an income or financial security (yet), living on the love of what I do, who I am and my hopes, wishes, desires for all I am building and creating. 

And my stress levels have reduced significantly! I have less, I do more, I am working harder, longer, putting my heart and soul into something I believe in. The key here is, it is something I believe in, not someone else's ideas or thoughts and beliefs. 

So, we'll see what happens and what comes my way. Right now my body tells me to trust, have faith and to keep going with all I am doing for myself through my fasting, cleanses and detoxing. 

I have never felt so strong, or certain and sure of who I am and what I am doing here. It's time to change my history by opening up to destiny!

You can too, just one small step; The Pagan Diet

Have a lovely day,


April


French Sorrel in the garden 

No comments:

Post a Comment