Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Thursday 13 September 2012

Gearing Up For Day 4

We have all commented on how fast this Master Cleanse is going - we are already on day 4 and the time seems to pass fairly quickly. Next week this time, it will be over for another month and we will be dissecting all that has taken place.

Right now, I am just moving into a detox cycle as cleanse symptoms are starting to come up for me and I am feeling toxins moving in my body. I have a slight headache, feel a bit tired at times, my tongue is starting to be coated, and I am dreaming profusely at night.

Last night I dreamt of a blue fox which was hiding in the house, we were trying to root it out, it grabbed my left hand (but didn't bite hard enough to hurt me) and something was said about the fact that I was left handed. We released it outside and expected it to run away, however it turned around and came back and grabbed my hand again. 

Otherwise, I spent yesterday day and this morning mulling over another site I came across with a blogger who was taking copious amounts of supplements to balance her hormones. If that wasn't enough, she also commented at length on how Intermittent Fasting does not work and how she would not do it.

Of course, I wanted to read more and then discovered a few things from reading a few articles on her site. Firstly, she had no qualifications whatsoever to be giving or providing advice on nutrition, supplements, food or health.

Secondly, her 'experience' with Intermittent Fasting consisted of spending several years only eating dinner while skipping breakfast and lunch. When I read on further, her intake during the so-called fasting hours were several coffees with milk and sugar and cigarettes!

Then at dinner time, she would break her 'fast' with a glass of wine while she prepared a dinner of mostly processed foods, takeaways or eating out. She lived, worked and ate this way for many years, ended up with a totally dysfunctional system including severe hormone imbalance.

But, now was talking about fasting as if the way she lived was even remotely similar to what a fasting lifestyle is all about. I read this and have been mulling it over since - again, carefully considering how much mis-information is out there and how confusing it must be for people. 

So, I thought to make it perfectly clear - fasting is part of an overall healthy lifestyle. When you take in anything other then water or clear herbal tea, you are NOT fasting. Further to this, if you continue to consume caffeinated drinks, alcohol, smoke, medication and eat in an unhealthy manner - you will probably not have any benefits from fasting.

This is like sitting on a fence - you can't have it both ways. You must choose one side or the other (health or dysfunction) and act accordingly. Fasting is the equivalent of gently washing your body on the inside, but you cannot become clean with dirty water. 

Think about it, take all the time you need.

April

Master Cleanse ingredients...

No comments:

Post a Comment