Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Saturday 22 September 2012

Ahh, Saturday!

I don't know about you but I love Saturday morning, it is distinct and different from any other morning of the week. We wake up and are free, easy and buzzing with energy. No other morning gives me the same feeling as this day.

I have been pondering this fact all morning considering I have baked bread, made a dinner for the kids (for later in the day), done a good workout, turned out ducks, geese and turkeys and had breakfast so far this morning. I just feel so much more efficient or something.

So what is this 'or something' - I think it is content. My family is all here with me, we are going about our routines, doing each of our chores and the house feels happy. Perhaps the house is delighted to have us all together as well.

But, there does seem to be a little bit more to this feeling too - Saturday means food for us, farmers markets, shopping, fresh produce and little treats throughout the day. I can't remember if it has always meant this - I don't think so, these feelings are entirely my own.

A new pattern.

Yet, I do realize this must harken back to some ancient time in our DNA and history, because for millennia humans in our part of the world anyway, have traded and shopped at community markets and fairs each week. Maybe even on this day.

After finishing our Master Cleanse we are feeling pretty good - better then good actually! For the first time in so long, I noticed yesterday how I have no stiffness in my knees or hips at all. Another side affect of fasting and these workouts.

I actually feel younger and freer within myself and of course I am going to do what it takes to feel like this every day! If this is the final outcome from a few days spent fasting, detoxing and intensely working on myself - then bring it on. 

I have not ever done something so worthwhile and as satisfying (expect perhaps having a baby at home on my own! LOL). Anyway, life is good and I feel great.

Have a happy Saturday out there

April


My cat has decided he wants the date squares! He's patiently waiting for one...



No comments:

Post a Comment