Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Ahhhh Day 10!

We have done it once again - you'd think after so many of these cleanses we would be so used to a detox, however there are never two alike. Each time I have done an intensive detox or a Master Cleanse, it has been significantly different from any of the others.

Of course there are many markers and points along the way which can be considered to be predictable. I have identified several patterns which will arise during a 10 day MC, which may not take place with a shorter one for instance. 

One pattern is what I have come to refer to as the detox cycle, every three days or so, the body appears to go into a deeper push to remove these embedded toxins. This starts off with the first day feeling a surge of energy, second day your mind/emotions kick in forcing you to consider deeper aspects of an issue, while the third day it all comes together as the pattern unravels. 

It's all quite interesting really. Then there are other patterns of resistance which are expected to come up as well. Every couple of days the mind wanders to 'why am I doing this exactly' or 'is this enough already'? LOL

Of course this work (detox/cleanse/spirituality) all comes back to our minds. We often relegate these parts of ourselves to the back burner and spend a lot of our time and energy doing things to get out of mind and into some other space. However, if I have learned anything over the past 18 months or so of regular cleanses, it has been how much of a key player our mind is.

In absolutely everything we do, all that we are and want to be.

If there is one thing I can say I am most pleased with as an outcome of doing each of these cleanses and detoxes month after month - it would be the fact of my mind coming back into line with my dreams, hopes, wishes, body and health.

For so long I felt as if there was a battle going on. I wouldn't say that battle is fully over (it could be??), but I certainly am on the winning team here.

Well, off to get going with my day here - we opened a hive yesterday and now have honey to uncap and process for the winter! Yumm!

Have a healthy day,

April


Rainbow over Leap, West Cork, Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment