Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Friday 26 October 2012

Letting Go and Moving On

Well I always know there will be change after each cleanse or detox - however I can't anticipate what it will be. Yesterday we had to put one of our dogs down - she had been unwell (and old age) for some time, but had suddenly taken a turn for the worse.

The first in a series of decisions that will change things for us. And I am not certain how right now, except that whatever is coming will be good. Even if it involves difficult parts of the road to navigate at the moment.

And this is the one aspect of doing all of this work that has been on my mind over the last day or so - when you are walking a path towards anything worthwhile, there will be so much and so many you may be asked to leave behind you.

Some people, relationships, situations, things and places are simply not going your way. And to hold on to them or allow them to hold onto you would defeat the entire purpose of this work. A lot about life revolves around moving forward with the inevitable loss and grief that comes with it.

Sometimes I look back at the past decade or so of my life and if I choose to all I can see is what has been left behind. It often resembles a road littered with all that was broken and not working in our lives. Even though it is a noble thought to stay for awhile and try to fix things....

Sadly we cannot change what is meant to be. We are not able to create on behalf of other people who are not coming down this road with us (immediate family aside) and some situations are as they should be for reasons beyond our understanding at the moment.

Last night I thought I would dream of our dog - I usually do when we have to go through things like that. Instead I dreamt of building a house - we were all standing inside talking about a decision we had just made. Then stepping back waiting for the effect of the new energy to shift the walls of the building.

It was like magic. And isn't that what life is all about?

April 


See you when we get home Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment