Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Tuesday 2 October 2012

No Grass Under My Feet!

Have you ever been behind a tractor or a slow moving vehicle when you have an appointment to get to? Or just somewhere to be and feel frustrated to be so slowed down by someone else and their agenda? Well, let me tell you! LOL

This has been the story of my life and last week came to a head for us as we were headed to the city for an appointment with plenty of time - or so we thought. What a lesson in slowness or being slowed down by others we got to have, but were also made to be late for our own plans...

It did not seem fair to us (who had planned well in advance) and gave me lots to consider along the way. It was so obvious as to be absurd! Here was the breakdown of events;

We first had a large tractor with a huge tailback of about 20 cars - he was oblivious to us. Then a slow moving car with people doing 60km/hr in a 100km/hr zone on a main road. Next there was a tailback of about 100 cars going into a town, at first we thought there must be some accident or something up ahead - but no, there were 2 people at two different locations collection money for a charity! Then there was a bicycle race... And the list went on from there.....LOL

What gave me pause for thought was how this had become the story of my life - and to a certain extent I not only let it be my story, I also expected it. I have become so used to being held back (this started at age 5 for me in school - kept back from skipping a grade and spending years bored silly) that now, I have become accustomed to it.

So, this week has given me a new mantra, mission and an entire new set of goals. To uncover each and every way I am being held back by circumstances or my own lack of insight and to take steps to get things moving or get them in motion. In the direction I want them to go. 

First things first though - I have been making a list of all the little jobs around me that need to be done to clear off my desk and mind so that I can free up the stagnant energy... 

No grass under my feet anymore!

April

Barley Cove beach West Cork

No comments:

Post a Comment