Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Sunday 21 October 2012

Day 9 - Discipline of the Self

Well, I have arrived here on the ninth day of my cleanse feeling pretty good this morning - happy the weekend is over, because I can get my routine back. Funny how we are such creatures of habit - we find routine comforting, predictable and safe.

Right now when I am deep in the middle of a detox, I also find it makes the time go faster and I know how to keep myself busy! And to be honest, it's not that I want to eat or even about food, even though I am surrounded by it and it's all I do. For me, I just like to feel productive and get as much done as I can during each of these cleanses.

Once my mind is made up to do something - such as a Master Cleanse for 12 days - all thought of eating is firmly placed on the back burner for the duration of that time. Perhaps I have trained myself to do this over the years. 

However, I do remember a time when I would find it very hard to stick with any plan, especially when it came to food. I used to think and complain at the time that it seemed someone else was controlling me or that rubbish food was in control.

And I am certain that was indeed what was taking place (energetically and physically) on many levels. When we are full of toxins the struggle is far greater and it requires far more energy to get the process moving forward. 

My 40 day detox sorted me out on that end. I think that I cut through so much old muck in my system by doing those few weeks, it changed me completely. But, most importantly, I learned discipline. As I talk about in my book The Pagan Diet, I was taught all about spiritual discipline.

Of course this is a life long quest and there is still much to learn - I refer to this as self - mastery and I have mentioned it here several times. Fasting, walking the spiritual path and any of these paths to higher consciousness requires of us to overcome lesser energies that hold us back.

This all takes effort and energy, your body is a work of art - removing one layer of debris at a time as we are gently shown how to overcome addictions, lower vibrations, old habits and fear that have kept us locked down for so long.

April 

Hawthorne berries, drying on the wood stove

No comments:

Post a Comment