Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Friday 19 October 2012

Day 6 - What a Cleanse is All About...

Here we are on our 6th day of a 12 day detox and feeling pretty good all around - even though no one got much sleep last night because the little one was coughing and awake a bit. The usual stuff of childhood colds and seasonal change!

However, this morning has been very productive for me - you know when you get up and just jump into things and clear off a pile of chores in short order - it has been one of those days so far. I hope it keeps up because I love it.

So far today, I have made bread, hazelnut butter, lunch is sorted for the little one, laundry is done, kitchen is clean and I have done my salt water flush. Perhaps the swf is responsible for all the extra energy LOL.

As for detox symptoms, I have loads of them - took me ages to get to sleep last night, I have piles of energy, my tongue is coated, my hair is limp, big and deep dreams whenever I did close my eyes and my joints are a bit achy today.

Of course with all of this comes the good stuff - clear mind, lots of energy, bright eyes, keen sense of smell, very creative, wanting to just get things done and get moving forward. My skin is also very soft which I love about doing any detox - this softness usually stays for quite a few weeks.

Actually, my skin used to be the bane of my existence at one time because it was bumpy and not clear at all. Then I changed my diet (drastically) and the rest is history - my skin has been clear ever since. I actually want to go up to teenagers I see on occasion and mention that even a slight change in diet is far better for your skin and will save them years of agony. 

My skin cleared so well once I gave up sugar, chocolate and coffee - those three things were over stimulating to my system and kept me in a downward cycle of low energy, excess weight and terrible skin. Once these were gone my skin cleared within weeks and has not ever gone back to the way it was. That was quite a few years ago now...

I mention skin to nearly everyone I meet because it is our largest detox organ - our skin needs to breathe, be free and taken out into the sun every now and then! And I have come to love being barefoot - especially to do some parts of my exercise routine. 

It just feels good to have feet on the ground - directly in contact with the earth. Perhaps that's what a cleanse is all about? 

April


No comments:

Post a Comment