Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Thursday 11 October 2012

Education at Home

Today has been a lovely one so far - sun is coming through the clouds every now and then and the energy feels good after all of that rain last night. It was a bit of a clearing all right! The wind and rain always seems to usher in change of some sort.

It seems I have been talking about change constantly over these past few weeks - and I am not certain exactly what is different, but nothing feels the same. I think these changes are taking place more or less on a very deep level.

Perhaps even on a soul level - digging up the old bones of patterns carried for lifetimes and finally letting them go. A lot has been coming to the surface for me around education and I have been writing, thinking and talking about it.

Education is vitally important for us all - of course the sort of education one decides on seeking out is equally important. My own experience was not at all good - I have long complained that I never learned anything worthwhile and finished high school not knowing even the basics of life.

I also can see at this stage of my life how damaging the institutional process of education was for me. It was soul destroying - perhaps the last place I should have been was in a school full of bullies, frightened and needy people. I picked up on everything!

But, it would have been far worse to have stayed at home, so the only alternative was the way my life played itself out. And I have learned enough to watch it come full circle.

At least, now as an adult I have the insight gained from years of working my way through these things to see how beneficial it is to learn at home in a loving, safe, gentle environment -- nourishing for the entire body, mind and soul.

Even more than that, the things being taught are meaningful, useful and interesting for each person's needs and talents. Tailored to suit or made to order - and I am only talking about myself at this point. 

Walking the spiritual path has long been teaching me all that I need to know for a rewarding life here on this planet. It is indeed a school we have come to, but alas one that has been commandeered by dark and evil forces.

It is long past time to take back, remember and have confidence in the old ways. They never let us down for thousands of years and if adhered to now,  they will enable a person to grow and emerge in spirit.

April


Lough Hyne - Soldiers Lookout (West Cork, Ireland)

No comments:

Post a Comment