Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Monday 15 October 2012

Walking on the healthy side of life - Day 2

Now on day 2 of my detox for October and feeling pretty good so far - I have good energy and over the next day or so my body will settle into detox mode. So far all I am interested in is cleaning, tidying and sorting out!! Not a bad place to be at all... 

As for detox symptoms, I went to bed last night with a headache which is typical for me on the first day of any cleanse. Today I am feeling strong and clearer as if there is a lot on my mind, but in an organized sort of way. 

I did a Salt water flush this morning, for those of you who are unfamiliar with this - it requires you to drink 4 cups of water with 2 teaspoons of sea salt. This liquid washes down through your digestive system and cleans you out. (literally!)

After the salt water I always feel a surge in energy, my sinus and head feels clear, it's as if your system is given a bit of a boost. I assume these good feelings are from the fast release of toxins as well as the cleansing action of the salty water.

Nothing cleans or heals like salt as far as I am concerned. It's too bad it has gotten such a bad rap because of the way highly processed salt is put into nearly all packaged foods. Salt is not the enemy (too much of anything is not good) the real culprit here is the poor food!

Undoing all the damage and negative effects of an inappropriate diet and lifestyle will take time and energy - however it is the best use of my time that I have ever spent. And there is still so much to be reversed, even though I have been eating a healthy diet for years. 

I have realized that my body is using these weeks spent cleansing to balance, stabilize and put to right systems and functions that have most likely never been fully operational. At least not in the manner they are supposed to work.

For those of you who are walking a spiritual path - this is an absolute must. And if you are wanting to take a walk on the healthy side of life - think about doing a cleanse! 

April


Pure sea salt 

No comments:

Post a Comment