Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Flipping the Switch on Bad Food Habits

It's day 16 of my detox and as usual things are moving right along - it hardly even seems to be much of an effort this time around, mostly because we are still talking about and thinking about how much fun and food we all had at Christmas. 

It's funny how I would at one time, have had such a difficult time making the transition from a celebration (feast time) back to normal eating. It was as if there was something inside of me that got a taste for the excess food, a switch was turned on and that was it.

It would have taken a lot of will power for me to reign in and control my eating habits once again. Eventually I would just end up angry and disappointed with myself - which would ensure the whole negative cycle kept on going.

Once I brought fasting into the picture that all changed. Mostly because fasting taught me the discipline that was missing - which is so funny as I am already a very disciplined person. But when it came to food, some other entity was clearly in control...

Which I know as candida, yeast, mold, fungus, nasty bacteria and what ever had ended up running the show in my gut. 

So, this is where I am at this morning. Feeling overall pretty good - doing some reminiscing about those days and feeling happy they are well behind me. Yesterday I spent the day looking at how I spend my time - when thinking about food/diet/yeast came up I realised I spent all of my time....

Thinking about food, eating, planning food, eating, worrying and stressing about food - and then the rest of the time feeling terrible, guilty, awful and what not for what I had eaten. What a complete waste of good time! LOL

It is a cycle - of course an unbalanced gut and hormonal system are setting the stage for this to play out - which started in the first instance with the presence of yeast, mold and fungus in places they should not be.

All of that can change for anyone with exercise, healthy diet and fasting. What a difference I feel inside and outside in my life. It takes time, patience and persistence to gently reverse and overcome (there's that key word) lifelong deep rooted dysfunction.

But, it's worth the effort because what you get back is your life.

April

Yarrow in the garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment