Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Monday 21 January 2013

It's About Time.....

It's the right month and a great day for setting up new routines...so it seems. And perhaps breaking through more than a few little habits we all tend to fall into when our time is more or less our own. Or is it....I just happened to see a tweet on Twitter mentioning 'time is money'.

And of course, it got me thinking about this fact. Time has not really been our own -has it? I mean, look at the amount we waste listening to other people talk on radios, televisions, reading nonsense in magazines, papers and even books.

Or how about the time spent worrying? That's a big one, isn't it....What about the time spent arguing, pushing others into doing something that doesn't come naturally. I can't help but think back to hurrying my then little boy into eating his breakfast (very slow eater) so we could drop him off at creche...

Of course, then I stopped all of that and now my time is supposedly my own. Yet, I still find that I waste so much of it. And that doesn't mean I want to be productive, regimented or scheduled every hour of the day...

It just means I can see how my time could be better spent. So, starting today I thought I would get up 15 minutes earlier then usual - just to see what might be accomplished so I can have more time to play, have fun and not feel I have to be pressed for time.

I would like to do more of the things I have long felt I don't have the time for.

As of right now, I think it is working - well, at least my mind is moving a little bit faster and the sun is shining. So that is always a great place to start! LOL 

I am going to push myself a little bit each morning just to see if my day runs smoother, I accomplish more and generally feel as if I am more in control of my own time. Because, if there is one thing I am certain of - our time has been commandeered, stolen, taken and wasted - not always by us, but by a cleverly designed system to keep us circling around our goals.

It's about TIME......

April

A snow day! Yayyy

No comments:

Post a Comment