Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Going Off Grid - On the Inside

Well, it's Tuesday and we have another day of this wild weather - sort of reminds me of when I was a child living in Labrador Canada. A storm would come in for a week, and I am talking about a blizzard of epic proportions. 

We would be so excited - no school, the roads were impassable and what was best of all....no electricity! It was always so nice, just with the wood stove and the open fire. Everyone all cozy around it...well, I won't get carried away. 

It was a highly dysfunctional family - so no one was cozy, but the children thought it was fun at least!! LOL

Of course, this reminds me greatly of what I want in my own life. To be completely off the grid in terms of food, electrical power and what not. To be fully self sufficient in every sense of the word as well as to be in touch with the earth and her finer points.

I feel I am going off grid - on the inside... 

Well, at least, I know I am getting there. This is what these cleanses are indeed all about in the end. To re-connect with myself and these long hidden ancient parts of ourselves. For the most part this is taking place step by step - this time around my own electrical system is taking a good cleaning.

And do I know it! My leg is much better this week - it started with a pulled muscle, then travelled down along the entire nerve of my leg. Just sore enough to be bothersome, but not to stop me doing Yoga or going about my day.

I have just been watching the healing work unfold as the days move on - and marvel at the extraordinary work of my body. It always knows what needs to be done and when given the space, time and appropriate support - it does just that.

So that takes me up to day 23 of my detox, I am nearly there, feeling pretty good with a clear mind, healing body and open heart. We are all getting excited now about our up coming feast days - always such a treat to have a few days after our fast. 

What a way to live - in touch, in tune and connected to something great in the Universe!

April

Sunflowers last fall

No comments:

Post a Comment