Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Friday 17 August 2012

August Master Cleanse - Day 1

Even though lots has taken place and I can look back and see that each of these cleanses have taken time, effort and energy - I still can't believe that I am finally starting my August Master Cleanse and in the final leg of the little journey that I committed to in May.

Today, being day one is not usually a difficult day, the hardest days for fasting for me are usually day two and sometimes day three. After that it is often smooth sailing for the ten days, once the initial adjustment period is over and my body slips into 'detox mode'.

For those of you who have been following along, you probably know by now, how curious I am to see what comes up for me this time around. Well things are already happening and I am only on day one! LOL

As if right on cue, a subject that I rarely (if ever) see mentioned anywhere, unless I go looking for it (and I haven't in quite some time) has been brought to my attention. Probably not many of you have heard about this, but there is a drug that was given to pregnant women, back in the 60's and 70's called DES. 

Well, to make a long story short many of these women went on to have daughters exposed to this chemical (a synthetic estrogen), who grew up to find themselves with several 'problems' and health concerns as a direct result.

We have been referred to as DES daughters. 

I have long wondered if by doing these cleanses and detoxes I would eventually get to a place where I was directly detoxing out this chemical from my body. Having done so many Master Cleanses over the years, I know from past experience that toxins are dislodged from very early in life. 

In my own case, this would have been mainly antibiotics and medication given to me prior to age one. However, I have experienced detox of valium exposure (in utero) during my 40 days MC and I would be pleased if such a thing could happen with DES.

So, here we go! Who knows where this cleanse will take me this time around and has this been one of the 'blocks' that has been holding me down for so long? 

I will keep you posted,

April


Feverfew in the garden

No comments:

Post a Comment