Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Back to Life As Usual?

Well, another Master Cleanse is done and I must say I do feel a lot different from when I started, all in a good way. I remember thinking at the start of this detox, it was the first time where I was now living fully and completely committed to following my dreams...so this should take me somewhere new?

I know following dreams is an inner journey - leading only towards the inner sanctum of our hearts and this is a path worth taking. Indeed it is a road I have been on for seemingly a long time. However, I wasn't expecting there to be this much resistance when I got here. 

Yet, in some other ways it all does make perfect sense. 

If I were to look at the situation I find myself in at the moment, working my way back into places and spaces deep inside my heart, I can't help but think about all the heart disease in our modern world. It is the number one killer in our society, with billions spent on prevention (read new treatments and medication).

Yet every facet of our lifestyles takes us further down that road towards illness.

Poor diets full of sugar, fat and addictive stimulants, lack of exercise, apathy, indifference and so very many of us who are unhappy, angry and simply not doing the work or living a life we enjoy or love. All of which leads to these high rates of depression and more chronic dysfunction from general lack of self-care.

At this moment I realize how much time I put into cleaning my body, eating only the best food I can make, taking care of my children, our animals, the house and garden - yet there are still things I neglect about myself. 

I consistently put myself last on the list when it comes to the little things and perhaps many of the big things too. Even today, I only now realized I was thirsty, had been meaning to wash my face and comb my hair - but had been busy for the last 3 hours getting everyone else sorted (washed, dressed, breakfast  etc. ) with not one minute left for me.

For me, these are only little things that make a huge difference to me as my day moves on because they all add up! If I keep putting them off the next thing I know is I am feeling run down and neglected, perhaps on a soul level too. 

Even though my body is well fed, I take exercise and spend time doing many of the things I love to do, self care as I go about my daily tasks is equally important to my overall well-being. 

It's not too late to change, perhaps it's only now I am re-training myself as I follow my dreams inward. And self-care, taking some time out for me, is very much a part of this picture.

Have a lovely day,

April


Nearly full - August Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment