Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Sunday 2 December 2012

Spiritual Connections with Food - Life's Full Circle

I feel so good today that I can't describe it - but you know what I am also seeing (again) is that I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's as if I feel great, so this can't go on for very long before there is some bad news, a disappointment, a worry or a fear to creep in and spoil my good day.

Anyone else notice their life can be like that? It's as if I automatically brace myself for some disaster, because I can't possibly feel this good for a prolonged period of time. So, I am working on breaking this pattern as we speak (another detox needed!).

Well, while I am digging deep and sorting this all out - let me tell you about our turkey. This beautiful bird, gave his life so that we could have the most wonderful turkey dinner ever. It was the best tasting turkey, so fresh and clean...

Of course they were organically raised, clean water (chemical free), they have the largest pen in the barn (loads of space) and go outside 3 times a day for a supervised walk about to eat grass and rub noses with all the other critters.

Not a bad life...when you also factor in the petting and intermingling with my children (who adore them) - they are well cared for animals. And to be honest, I can't describe the difference in taste of the meat.

It was almost buttery, melt in your mouth, succulent and just so wonderful. I kept wondering if it was the feed we were giving them (only organic) or the water ... but perhaps it is the simple combination of all of this.

Treat your food well and it will feed you well - or something along those lines. Of course, you may be thinking right now that this is not a very spiritual topic, but I beg to differ. What if it was the fact that this turkey gave of his spirit to be on our table and then his body becomes part of ours (cellular metabolism)....

Some of what we eat when we eat animals is their spiritual remains, that's why game meat and wild game tastes so much better then battery raised chicken for instance. There is an aliveness to these animals that just isn't there with something that comes from a factory.

Last night I had amazing dreams and I just know they were from the meal I ate - life has come full circle. 

April 

Turkey out for a walk

No comments:

Post a Comment