Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Friday 7 December 2012

Breaking Through the Negative Holiday Vibes...

Well, something that I have neglected mentioning all week - mostly because I was keeping a low profile and working through lots of dark Christmas energy - is the fact that this is day 4 of my December cleanse.

I am back detoxing (and I feel pretty good about it) working through negativity around Solstice and the general holiday season. I happen to absolutely love this time of year - so all of this heavy stuff that I am walking through is not even mine!!

But, picked up along the way throughout the course of my life....

Perhaps you were fortunate enough to grow up with people who loved this time of year and went out of their way to make it an enjoyable time for everyone. The sad fact is that there are many who do not like it for one reason or another - and some of them are determined to pull everyone down with them.

That sum's up the house I grew up in and needless to say, I have worked very hard to create my own holiday spirit. 

Every year I finish this season thinking the same thought - that was the best Solstice, holiday season ever and next year it will be better again. I spend my time baking, cooking (and eating!) but also thinking up new ways to create traditions for our family or deepen the ones we already have. 

Yet, more often then not, I encounter people who are so negative about this time of year and are determined to spread that gloom around. I have even had to fend off a conversation that went something like this;

"I hate Christmas. You always seem to have so much fun - I'm coming to your house so I can soak up that energy". NOT! (This was from a family member just after my first child was born - and I made it quite clear they were not welcome to spoil my family time)

So, what am I trying to say here? It's actually quite simple - this is a precious time of the year, some would even call it holy. It certainly is all about close ties, love, good food and nice feelings. I for one protect my little space throughout the holidays and keep the energy free and clear.

It's not difficult to do, just a little planning and you can break through any negativity that has invaded your space....this detox is going great!

April

Homemade pickles - ready for the Holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment