Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Thursday 13 December 2012

Finding Peace this Season

Today is day 10 of my detox and I am doing well. Yesterday turned out to be quite an interesting day after all, however, it started out with the energy of something I couldn't quite put my finger on. It took me nearly all day, but I finally could name what it was.

It was wickedness. I even had to look it up to get an accurate definition just to see what I was experiencing. It's as if I had found a thread and now I had the work of unraveling to do to get to the bottom of this ill will.

My day was not altogether unpleasant, I was just subjected to someone's malicious intent, when I wouldn't do what they wanted me to do. Of course, if you know anything about me by now, I have a mind and a will of my own (multiply that by a few in our house!) and I do as I see fit.

That being said, doesn't mean I don't do things for others - I just will not do something that will compromise, damage or otherwise short change myself or my family. At one time - I did, as a matter of course, it seemed to have been built into me in some way...

I always ended up with the short end of the stick and so did my family because I could not say no even when it was to something that could potentially drain me. Well, this week I said no - and boy was there a backlash.

The amount of darkness and evil intent that has surfaced has been profound. Even though this is a difficult part of the path to walk through I am glad it is coming up to the surface (this detox is working!). At least now it will finally clear - hopefully once and for all.

Obviously this has been a very big pattern in my life and I see it in so many others lives especially this time of the year - see if this fits you: 

Receive an invitation to someone's house or to be expected to go out for a social function, grumble and complain about them, not wanting to go. End up going because you feel you have to and then complaining some more about the people, what was said, done or wasn't said.

Does any of this sound familiar? Well, for me it meant tying up precious energy but far more then that, not living in integrity. Who was I really kidding by spending time around people I had no connection with and at the end of it all, I didn't even like. They didn't like me either, it was 'social' thing....and the biggest energy drain in our lives because we are participating in a false relationship.

Perhaps this year be on the lookout for drama, energy sapping social engagements and do something else instead - you might just find a little more peace in your life in it's place....

April


Cloved Oranges I am working on with the children...

No comments:

Post a Comment