Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Sunday 9 December 2012

Dealing with Resistance - Purpose of Fasting...

Today has been a busy one so far, Sunday usually is around here. After we took the goat's for a walk, things settled down enough for me to get some baking done.... Yes, the goat's love to go for a walk, on a leash and have a chance to sample some of the brambles growing by the stream...

So, I have been baking up a storm (as per usual during a cleanse) but this time I am pushing myself to make things I wouldn't ordinarily eat. Such as mincemeat pies, Christmas Puddings (or any puddings) hoping to either extend our tastes or at least keep my baking new and exciting.

And as always I am feeling so much resistance to trying out these new recipes, ideas and skills involved in cooking new dishes. Of course, this being a detox, I have nothing else to 'digest' other then these issues, thoughts and emotions that are coming up to the surface.

That is indeed the entire function of not having food in the digestive tract for a few days - all the deeply held and long buried 'stuff' can rise up and be dealt with. Today is day 6 of this detox and other than experiencing so much resistance, I am feeling great.

I have some of the usual detox symptoms, my legs are heavy, my tongue is a little coated, my skin has been bumpy and my hair is dull (to me anyway). Yet, yesterday I was told how well I looked and asked what my secret was....

Errr....10 days fasting each month? Or all the organic food? Or the clean water... personally, I think it is  tipped in favour of the water, as I have only drank unprocessed well water for many years. Immediately after I changed my diet and started only drinking this kind of water, my skin started to glow (this after years of agonizing over spots and bumps, to find out it's the water!).

And my dreams right now - this bears mention because they are wild. Last night I had everything from a man with zebra skin with an animal growing out of his shoulder, to another person with a being protruding from their stomach and someone working on an electrical system. 

In one of my dreams I was angry with someone whom I had to constantly clean up after (memories from my childhood) and was doing quite a bit of yelling at her to pick up her mess. And what a mess it was! I woke up wondering if I have still to detox all of that out....LOL

Onwards and upwards

April

Glandore Sailing Club - in the summer 

No comments:

Post a Comment