Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Saturday 1 December 2012

New Earth Energy - Good Vibrations..

It always seems like a good idea to take one day out of the year and be thankful - something like an American Thanksgiving - but with a little bit of a twist. To be truly Pagan about this, we challenged ourselves to find, feed, raise and treat humanely our own turkey...

So that is just what we started doing a few months ago - turkeys, ducks, geese, goats. The barn has been full and then some. It's not the first time raising animals for food for me, but the first time for my children to be so involved. 

And for the most part it has been quite a positive experience. I really like being able to interact with my 'food', ensure that it is treated well and then humanely killed at the right time...with my background as a food hygiene inspector, I especially like that I can 'inspect' the carcass and know exactly what my family is eating. 

Getting back to my theme here - gratefulness or thankfulness - it's not always an easy emotion to acknowledge. I mean these days there is no much coming in on top of us, so many things that have not worked out or gone wrong and simply been taken along the way...that, well, I don't personally always go around feeling happy about some of this.

For many of us walking the spiritual path, we don't always feel as if there is much to be thankful for, when we are asked to walk away from so much, to leave behind people, places, things and simply move on. Yet, when I look back at the twists and turns my life has taken...

Absolutely everything has worked out for the best - I would not change one single thing. Except perhaps to start out earlier moving away from and out of reach of situations, people and places that held me down. 

So, today it feels less like a thanksgiving and more like a birth - of new beginnings, second chances and new energy that is now flooding the earth. Not one of us will be untouched by it...let's see what these good vibrations bring.

April

Happy Turkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment