Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Saturday 22 December 2012

Holiday Season of Our Dreams....

All I am thinking about today is it's a good thing I am so prepared for our little holiday - because I still seemingly have loads to do! And here I was thinking how organized I am this year....

The thing is - you can be sorted out and have everything in order, but part of the season seems to be about the last minute thought process. This is not about re-thinking gifts or food or anything like that, it seems to be far more about coming to a deeper understanding.

About ourselves.

I wonder how many of us have never managed to have the Solstice/Christmas/Yule holiday of our dreams? And at the same time, I wonder why that is. Could it be that so many 'needy' energy suckers drain the life out of us and we end of just wanting to get this over with.

It might also be all centered around our own expectations - which for me, used to be high and as the days, weeks, years moved on with each season, they gave way to not expecting anything. From anyone. 

And that is just plain sad.

These past few years, I placed my expectations way up there again - within myself and all around me. And I am trusting to not be disappointed (each time, a little more, a little better) - so far this year, with Solstice already come and gone, I haven't been let down. The energy right now, is magical there is so much change and goodness on it's way to us...

Of course, to feel this way right now (and I love this time of year) is a gift - it has taken me years to come full circle back once again to where I should be. From where I sit right now, I know it has to do with the child inside of me - the little person I once was.

And am now again.

Her expectations are coming back to where they should be - and so is the joy of Christmas.

April 

Love is a puppy....

No comments:

Post a Comment