Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Monday 10 December 2012

Going Off Grid - Energy Shift

Today I woke up and felt the need to challenge myself a little bit more than I do already, mostly because I love a challenge but it also wakes up some more brain cells. Perhaps what started this off was yesterday - we went off the power grid for a few hours....

We have a generator and wanted to test it out. It's always a good idea to know that these things will work when or if you need them. But more then that, it has long been a goal of mine to get off of the power grid and generate our own electricity.

So, with this in mind we shut off the power and went completely on our own steam for the day. Which meant I had to be careful and knowledgeable about our power needs and usage. It's quite a learning curve and was the topic of discussion for the day.

For me, it was an even bigger task, because I was determined to carry on with some holiday baking without an oven. I ended up doing lots of research and reaching deep back into my own past (summers spent camping and living on food we caught or hunted) and made some wood stove scones.

It was great fun - and we plan on doing it again soon, just because the energy of the house was so nice, for the entire time we were off the grid. Now, it might have been that we were a little excited about doing something different or it could be that being connected to anything outside of ourselves always brings in outside energy (and this being 'foreign' to our own, never quite feels right).

Energy flows two ways - it is always like this, if something is coming in (taking something on board), then something is equally moving out (losing or giving something away). This is the basis of all Energy Medicine and something I have studied, worked with and written about in depth for the last 25 years or so.

Right now I am still processing all that I did and didn't experience yesterday and will write about it as the days unfold. From where I am standing right now - yesterday was one of the biggest eye openers I have ever had.

And I have had one hell of a life up to now....

April

Summer Roses....

No comments:

Post a Comment