Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Thursday 6 December 2012

Dealing with Negativity - Run!

There's that word - it even feels nasty to say it - negativity is a dirty word with a lot of dark, heavy and twisted connotations attached to it. Yet we use it all the time, to describe moods, people, places and those dark clouds that seem to hang around certain people (and us)....

I have gone to great lengths in my own life to remove myself from negative or detrimental situations and relationships. And over this time there are two things that stand out most about dealing with toxic people - one is that there always seems to be some new or insidious way they get into your space and secondly,  I have noticed how some people hang onto negativity.

Both of these areas are quite serious mostly because of the profound affect they have on us as human beings. Remember your energy field? Well, this is the main region damaged as a result of 'others' fear, worry, stress and general destructive behaviour. 

Our energy fields pick up others energy when we are leaking or full of rips, holes and tares - and let's face it, due to toxic exposure, poor food choices, lack of exercise and general care - we are each one of us leaking significant amounts of energy. Just by living on this planet. 

Negativity erodes away at your person, eats into your energy resources and drains you of all that is good in your life. It takes your light and eventually it will put it out...

But, the worst thing is that this can be so subtle - someone's fears, slights and half completed sentences hanging in the air - seeping under your skin, lifting away layers of your protection and sticking like the barbs of a fishing lure into your softness. 

The worst type of negativity for me has been the unsupportive comments, the undermining of my hopes, wishes and long held dreams for my own personal life and family and then my need to downplay my own expectations or achievements. These are precious and I hold them close to my heart... 

However as time has moved on I have been implementing many of these plans (in spite of anyone else)  and allowing my life to fill out with the framework of my hopes - it has become obvious what I am trying to achieve as I fill the barn with animals, grow my own garden and homeschool my children. 

And there are many little things (some not so little!) in between that provide even more structure and support for my aspirations. Not one aspect of our lives, the way we live and the dreams we have should be up for discussion. Don't ask anyone's opinion (of your heart's desires) and don't entertain others negative input. 

This is our life, our one shot at waking up, and I, for one, plan to develop it and live it as I see fit... and so should you. It's best for everyone to walk away from these destructive situations and cut any ties that bind you to someone's darkness and damaging behaviour. 

Then take significant steps to clean up your own.

April
Puss waiting while I plant herbs...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this reminder. Sure, we've heard it before, but common sense, conventional wisdom, even cliches, fail to internalize -- I catch myself succumbing to the negativity of others, or worse, being negative and inflicting it on others. This message bears repeating - and I like your fresh twist on it - "Our energy fields pick up others energy when we are leaking or full of rips, holes and tares (U.S. = tears)- and - we are each one of us leaking significant amounts of energy...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carol, I am delighted and thankful for your comment... I have taken significant steps in my own life to reduce the amount of negativity within and
    without - and every little bit helps.

    My own take on it is based on Energy Medicine...and the way our energy fields function, I have spent many years studying and observing its operation and it's so simple to let these things go. We just have to do the work! LOL

    April

    ReplyDelete