Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Friday 14 December 2012

Day 11 of My Detox

So, here I am on day 11 of my December detox and boy this is rocking now! All week I have had it easy, thinking this is great (it was) hardly any major symptoms and just rolling along....well now, it's finally moving.

Kids are down with coughs and colds, no one is getting any sleep, plus it's the week before Solstice and I am up to my ears (self imposed) with cooking, cleaning and organizing. Just because I really wanted to do one main thing this time around....

I want these few days to arrive and for me to not spend each and every day standing in the kitchen baking, cooking, planning, organizing and wondering about the meals, treats, desserts and goodies we are going to enjoy.

Part of this is because I love doing all of these things so much - and I want everything to taste divine...

What I would like to happen is to have most of that wonderful food already sorted, cooked, baked, planned and ready for us - so that I can just focus on the main meals but have some idea of each day and what we can eat. These meals are such a big deal - this is our big celebration for the year and of course we are all together for the week.

I don't know about you, but I have days where I spend all my time preparing the food, organizing children, cleaning, getting everyone sorted and by the time I sit down to eat my dinner I am too tired to enjoy it. This is mostly because I am 'catering' to everyone during our feast times and want to make the meals very special.

This year I have thought about it and decided some of our food can be wonderful and prepared ahead of time. This would give me far more time to eat (can't wait!), cook a little, enjoy my free time and perhaps get to read a book, watch a dvd or go for walks in the sunshine (fingers crossed).

To this end, I have been keeping myself busy during my detox - making everything I can think of that we might need, want, desire or dream of during our Solstice feast. I've never been so organized in my life! LOL

April  

Baby pine trees in pots

No comments:

Post a Comment