Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Monday 25 June 2012

Today is a Fasting Day

After having spent the weekend cooking, baking, harvesting and eating lots of rich foods - I was ready for a break this morning. It is actually really nice - a break from the cooking and preparation of food, leaving the kitchen clean for the day as well as giving my digestion a break and only taking in water and herbal teas.

It just feels so natural - like I have found my balance through giving my body permission to empty out instead of constantly eating. What was worse about those days of overeating was that I felt I had to or should - eat every single day. It turns out that this was such an unhealthy attitude towards diet and nutrition and only now have I got it right.

Never before in the history of the world has food been so available and out of season food grown and flown anywhere we would like it. The food pushers are no different than drug dealers - keep us full, fat and unhealthy - and you can nearly do anything. We are not paying the slightest bit of attention!

So, now, with an empty tummy I can contemplate my life, plan my day and accomplish many different tasks. The top one amongst them is to be clean - inside as well as outside!

Well, off to go for my walk, have a great day,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment