Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Tuesday 26 June 2012

And A Celebration Day today!

Today my son is 12 years old and I am no different from any other parents out there - thinking back to the day he was born and wondering where the time has gone. He seems so grown up in some ways - yet still a boy in others. I just hope that he doesn't grow up too fast, too soon - and that is one of the reasons why I home school my children.

A home is a place where we should be safe, be accepted for who and what we are, yet expected to be a part of a family with a role to play, chores and work to do as well as contribute in other meaningful ways. It is also the one place where you can expect to learn all that you need to know in preparation for the world out there. And that is why I home school my children. 

On our birthdays here we get to choose the menu and eat whatever foods that we want to have - today I have been making macaroon and nut butter cookies, goat's cheese cake, whole grain spelt spaghetti and lamb meatballs for lunch, and then a roasted duck dinner for later tonight! (I will be exhausted LOL)

For me though I have long felt that there are a few significant years in a childs' life and developmental milestones that are reached recorded in those years. Age 12 is no exception - this is the year when the immune system reaches a stage of maturity making the child ready to go out in the world a little more. When fed properly and living in a healthy environment our immune functions in top form. However, when filled with drugs, vaccines and rubbish foods - sadly this is not the case.

This is a big day for him (and me!) and the start of a big year - the first of many, each one better than the last. 

Now, after all of these feasting and celebration days, I will be good and ready for another Master Cleanse. It all evens out, though and I am so glad that I have the fasting to look forward to. Now, I always enjoy my food without giving one thought to putting on weight or that I am eating too much. I love my food and it loves me back.

In a couple of days I will be back to day on/day off fasting and back on track again - what could be simpler? 

Have a lovely day,

April


The birthday boy on Soldier's Lookout Lough Hyne, West Cork after climbing the hill

No comments:

Post a Comment