Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Thursday 28 June 2012

I love my Fasting Days... No Procrastination!

And I am serious here, today I am back to fasting after many days of over-indulging in some great foods while we celebrated the various special days. It is nice to be back to myself and to feel that I can also get down to other things. 

I just came in from the (very wet) garden after doing an hour of weeding and decided that I would work away down my list of things that I would like to do today - only to find that I have accomplished several things already. And have time for them all. 

It was then that I realized I have wanted to take some time to paint for a few days - but because of all the cooking, celebrating and general business of life, I had not taken even 10 minutes to do some painting. I kept putting it off, and then off again and yet again each time I thought about getting my paints out.

Why do we do that? And what should it matter so much to us? Perhaps it might mean to me that if I am thinking that I would like to paint, then my creative side is trying to break out in some way. Often when I take the time to paint or draw or even colour with my daughter I feel so much better in myself afterwards. 

These activities create inner links and pathways between mind-body-soul that really are significant. I am even considering doing a mini cleanse this week and fasting for 3 days, we'll see how today goes and then how I feel in the morning. If today is any indication, I feel fantastic and want to go a little deeper into my creative side...

Perhaps a mini cleanse it is then!

Talk later,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment