Contact Details

+353 (0)87 236 1616
+353 (0)28 34527


email: info@aprildanann.com

Tuesday 11 August 2015

100 Days ......Juicing, Fasting and Bone Broth

We are back on our schedule of not really fasting....but not really eating either!! Let me explain.....
These past few weeks I have done 30 days on juices and smoothies - with at least 50% vegetables in each one and the rest some kind of fruit. 

I am really finding great benefits from the cabbage - one of the most underrated healing foods of all time and indeed my best 'superfood' discovery to date. It has completely changed the way my gut works and helped build up those beneficial organisms in a massive way. 

Then we did 30 days on juices, smoothies and bone broth made from meats. It was another awesome month and one of complete gains in terms of healing benefits. My sore knee got better. My thinking and focus clearer and I just could sense a great change - once again in my gut bacteria. 

Of course.....you know me, I have been adding in some of my own fermented Sauerkraut (I just crave the stuff!) and have even been known to juice it along the way as well as taking a daily few tablespoons of my Cleanse Juice Apple Cider Vinegar - which is mighty stuff! 

Between each of these 30 day lifestyle menu changes we took a weeks break to eat breads, cereals, treats and enjoy a few grains and things that were missing from our diet. But only for a week - sort of a little celebration timed to coincide with full moons and feast times.

Right now we are back on track with another 40 days this time of more of the same. Lots of smoothies & fresh veggie juices, fish and bone broth, some other proteins are included such as duck eggs and a few beans. 

We are all feeling great - it's as if this was the little push that was needed to get our energy/motivation/focus back and to really concentrate on all the little things that needed to be done over this summer. 

Now, if we could only change the weather - we'd be all set! 

April

6 comments:

  1. Diabetic Exchange Diets:
    In this method, there are six broad types of food based on their micro nutrients - starch, non-starchy vegetables, fats, meat and meat-substitutes, milk and fruits. The daily meal plan is designed to achieve a particular number diabetic diet of servings from each of these areas. Here food is measured in portions and this method is found to be easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the benefits I get when drinking bone broth. I've been drinking Au Bon Broth and it helped me with my joint pains and it also made me more energetic than before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine.
    juicer reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. What You Need To Know About The Good Life? Get the latest Daily Lifenews with articles and videos on pets, parenting, fashion, beauty, food, travel, relationships and more on BBC news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Find and share everyday cooking inspiration on Healthtipsschool. Discover recipe, cooks, videos, and how-tos based on the food you love and the friends you follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What You Need To Know About The Good Life? Get the latest lifestyle news with articles and videos on pets, parenting, fashion, beauty, food, travel, relationships and more on Fox Daily Life.

    ReplyDelete